USMC G-1 Flight Jacket with Blood Chit

Rainman533

I purchased this jacket in 1990 at a gun show.  Seller claimed Korean War era.  I think jacket is 1960s production vice Korean War.  It is just as I purchased 30+ years ago with sewn on wings, blood chit in liner, and no tag.  Would like forum's feedback on jacket.

-

4 minutes ago, Rainman533 said:

I purchased this jacket in 1990 at a gun show.  Seller claimed Korean War era.  I think jacket is 1960s production vice Korean War.  It is just as I purchased 30+ years ago with sewn on wings, blood chit in liner, and no tag.  Would like forum's feedback on jacket.

-

Posted sooner than I meant to.  Interested to know jacket specification, manufacture, and opinions on blood chit.  

20201009_194732.jpg

20201009_194740.jpg

20220101_142715.jpg

Might even be newer than that. I've found a LTC Paul Regis Barlock who was a USMC aviator that was born in June of 1950, left the Marine Corps in June of 2010, and passed away in Blaine Washington at the age of 69 in April of 2020.  Another page shows that he was promoted to LTC in 1990. 

6 hours ago, Homer J said:

Might even be newer than that. I've found a LTC Paul Regis Barlock who was a USMC aviator that was born in June of 1950, left the Marine Corps in June of 2010, and passed away in Blaine Washington at the age of 69 in April of 2020.  Another page shows that he was promoted to LTC in 1990. 

Thanks for the reply.  Likely the same person.  I was thinking jacket was spec 7823D or older based on direction of stamped USN.    Added picture below.  7823E specs I have seen have letters orientated differently.  Not sure if it holds true for all manufactures.    Assuming original owner was in flight school in early 70s, 7823Ds could have still been issued. 

20220104_190001.jpg

punched wind flap is usually post 1961 I recall. The liner looks off for Korea as well. The early jacket had a bi-direction waistnab weave to the material. Not uncommon to see the knits on waist and cuffs replaced but this jacket looks 60s era / Vietnam era

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, this jacket is not from Korean war period. Certainly a 7823D or E version, from the end of the 60s to 70s. Collar and waistband on your jacket are clearly from these models. Also the USN lettes in the flap were not present on the 50s 7823 spéc. for the G-1 jacket.

Franck