USMC Vietnam reenacting unit

Delta1stmarineDiv.

• 4 weeks later...

DING-DING-DING! We have a winner!

That is, if you don't mind us being in Maryland! Whereabouts are you in PA?

We do two basic things: attend military timeline events in the MD/VA/PA area, where we stand in a muddy hole that we dig and talk to the public all day, and we attend private tactical exercises in mid-summer with flaks and packs, where we prove to all around us just how far off our rockers we really are.

So, the question is: how crazy are you?

Our focus is an average '67-'68 rifle team, which means:

M41/61 782's

M1955 flak jackets (one of our shipmates' flaks has trench art: skull, bones, and "Walking Dead", so we go 1/9 Mar if someone REALLY wants us to put down a unit name)

2nd or 3rd pattern jungle utes

Vibram jungle boots

M14s when we have the PRC-10 out

M16A1s when we have the PRC-25

Deodorant optional

Most do dogface...ya gotta be special to ride Highway 9! Can ya dig it?! Semper Fi!

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Michael

DING-DING-DING! We have a winner!

That is, if you don't mind us being in Maryland! Whereabouts are you in PA?

We do two basic things: attend military timeline events in the MD/VA/PA area, where we stand in a muddy hole that we dig and talk to the public all day, and we attend private tactical exercises in mid-summer with flaks and packs, where we prove to all around us just how far off our rockers we really are.

So, the question is: how crazy are you?

Damn I wish you all were a bit closer! Do you guys hit MTA in Jamestown?

I field a Corpsman impression and am working on a First Sgts impression ( I am getting older and uglier!) for those REMFier events.

The good news is I have just about everything on the list, except for the PRCs and Med gear on top of the rest.

Sadly I am in Shreveport, LA

T-Bone

greensquid68-69
Hello I am looking for a Marine corp unit that is involved in Vietnam reenacting

in Pa. east cost.

thank you

Hello neighbor, I live north of Pittsburgh - I was with the Marines (as a grunt corpsman) in Vietnam mid '68-'69. I was with the 3rd Mar Div tho. I don't re-inact but I have some gear in my collection & if you have any questions = I'll try to answer them.

Doc JM

YankeeDiv26

Hey there,

I'm a member of a unit that portrays Fox Company, 2nd Bat, 5th Regt. of the 1st Marine Div circa 1968-70 (not all of us have earlier impressions. We do Displays for the public or veteran's associations, Vehecile rallies, Blank reenactments, and even airsoft reenactments. We have members in VA, PA, NY, CT, MA, and NH and events spread out all over that area. If you're interested in more info about us send me a PM.

Doc, thank you for your service. As a Corpsman I'm sure you were the most valued and respected member of your platoon.

-Tim