Special forces berets and uniforms...Let's see them!

blue7289

The beret is dated 1967 with an in-country made flash. He is in the center of the photo wearing a 1st group beret in Vietnam. The statue is named to him as well. Dave.

Blue7289,

Great thread!

Col Rheault has a very interesting history. Here are a few pics from my collection.

---Chris

Theater machine embroidered 5th GP flash w/ parachute lining

post-235-1174325535.jpg

post-235-1174325557.jpg

46th GP beret w/ theater made, machine embroidered flash

post-235-1174325642.jpg

US made 5th GP flash. Liner replaced with leopard print.

post-235-1174325778.jpg

post-235-1174326050.jpg

This is a wool uniform set. The men were supposed to only wear these under their utilities, but badged them out and wore them anyway.

post-583-1174465915.jpg

Bonjour

Here is a complete set (originally badged) worn by a 10th SFGAbn PFC around 1956 that I luckily found. DI's and oval are german made. The overeas cap is a flight ace all items of the set are named or received partial SN°. Unfortunately the beet with the Trojan horse was not in the lot :(

429529692_5caf68b1a1_o.jpg

429529702_b3d488e7d9_o.jpg

429529693_4e925415fa_o.jpg

Valery

Chris, you are right about the baged snow camo. I have seen them before, but without the badges. This is the only set I've seen. Vet told me it was only done a short time and had to do with the SF arrow head being an iron on. It just didn't last that long and would fade.

craig_pickrall

Can you do a close up shot of the SF iron on patch? Is the jump wing on white background material? That is an interesting piece.

There was iron on subdued insignia available during Vietnam. I know I have a 1st CAV iron on. SF was available but I do not recall if I have one of those.

These are some very nice early SF items shown so far. Congratulations to all of you on your collections.

I'm glad for the questions. As I stated, I erred in the previous post. These are all printed not just the sf insignia. I have had these items for several years now and the vet stated that these were "experimental" and did not last do to the lack of the iron on patches staying power and were discarded. Here are the close-ups. Thanks, Dave.

post-583-1174543498.jpg

craig_pickrall

Thanks for the additional pics. That is a very interesting piece. Never seen anything like that with the insignia. Is the white camo cover the M51 series or the M65?

Here is the beret worn by Captain David Hahn who served at the 46th SF Company from 1972 to 01-17-1974 as signal officer.

430573425_9d123cd064_o.jpg

430573426_7be82a0303_o.jpg

430573428_5989f4a342_o.jpg

Freindly

Valery

Wow. Those badged camos are a first for me as well. Thanks for sharing! I can definitely see why they didn't stay around long with the iron on. Glad the vet saved these!

776thamtrac

I have got to that 1st Group/187th khaki uniform is FANTASTIC! Gotta be my favorite out of the entire lot. Something about those 50's Army uniforms I like especially airborne and SF. Those liners are awesome as all hell too! Great collection and pics!

Ok, bring out the bats....I hadn't looked at this in a few years. I said this was 1951, came back from work and checked it out to the extreme. I have the smock and inside was the cover for the pack. Check the dates, the photo stinks, but you can still see the info for both. Dave.

post-583-1174650029.jpg