UtiCase M4 bayonet

jeremy69

Kind of an impulse buy, didn’t pay a lot. I didn’t see anything in Gary’s book on an M4 made with an M3 blade like this. Guard and pommel

look like Case, but the blade is Utica. Wasn’t sold as some rare bird. Guard is on upside down too.

484133FE-65A2-4896-AAB7-1E718A285F69.jpeg

725281B0-62F1-4743-A3EF-255B9FA41352.jpeg

64CCE54C-C34E-4AC4-8CC9-363F907A879D.jpeg

55F657E9-CDBD-4784-AEF6-C9AC226FCA76.jpeg

053A3728-D2CD-42E6-9E43-828ECEE594B2.jpeg

jeremy69- There were various conversions of M3s to M4s in the 50s. Yours has a WW2 Case guard, matched with a Utica M3 blade, and a plastic handle. I have two M3s that were coverted to M4s a Camillus, and an RCC. But, the guards are unmarked 50s versions, and instead of plastic grips, they have a nice rubber grip.  Lots of questions as to where the conversions occurred, some say it happened in post war Japan. Anyway yours is different than others I have seen.  SKIP

20200712_143935.jpg

Thanks SKIPH…

I’ve got this worked out then, I have a nice WD scabbard to use with this one.

Based on your information I have determined that the bayonet was rebuilt by Wile E. Coyote for the great roadrunner insurrection. The WD scabbard was ordered through ACME with 10 anvils and 500 pounds of TNT. Wile E. was a bit ticked off that ACME subcontracted the scabbard to Walt Disney (WD of course), but hey everything is moving off shore!

Back to my leftover eggnog… it’s tasting a bit funny 

40 minutes ago, jeremy69 said:

Thanks SKIPH…

I’ve got this worked out then, I have a nice WD scabbard to use with this one.

Based on your information I have determined that the bayonet was rebuilt by Wile E. Coyote for the great roadrunner insurrection. The WD scabbard was ordered through ACME with 10 anvils and 500 pounds of TNT. Wile E. was a bit ticked off that ACME subcontracted the scabbard to Walt Disney (WD of course), but hey everything is moving off shore!

Back to my leftover eggnog… it’s tasting a bit funny 

jeremy69, that is freakin' hilarious. Would love to try some of that eggnog!