"Wray's Ragged Irregulars" 91st Bomb Group Item

gearup1940

I started to unpack some items I purchased years ago at an 8th AAF vets estate sale,  this was one of the items,  the 5 leather patches are 5" in diameter and are mounted on a 16" fullsizeoutput_504a.jpeg.269ab8a53072176067d7205a47d240a9.jpegfullsizeoutput_504c.jpeg.bc3b1783c91030ee34e17a1655d38f50.jpegcardboard disc.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Gearup1940,

I like that circular board with the squadron patches, very nice.  Attached is a photo of my 91st BG, 324 BS, Memphis Belle items.  Apologies for the poor photo but it's hung on a wall and the light is behind me.  That is a real 324th BS Bugs Bunny patch, the 5 crew autographs are Morgan, Verinis, Nastal, Hanson and Loch. The government printed "25 Missions" booklet, published shortly after the crew came home and for their Bond tour. The large photo in the center is from their Bond tour and is signed "Major Bob Morgan".  Morgan was promoted to major when the crew came home and to Lt. Col. shortly after posting to the Pacific, so the time he carried the rank of Major was very short and mainly while on the Bond tour.  Just thought these items dove tailed nicely with your board posting.  (Not sure why the photo post sideways)

IMG_0263.jpg.c440dede452b229bc38f9d4ae1535f5d.jpg