Small Local WW2 Submariner Grouping

Thrifter_01

Was humbled to be able to find the rest of this small grouping in an antique mall that I had not visited for sometime. From help with fold3, I was able to find that this veteran had enlisted into the Navy on January 27, 1943. At the rate of fireman 2nd class, the muster roll dated December 31, 1943 had him received aboard the USS S-37 (SS-142) on November 1, 1943, as a relief crew from Submarine Division 41. At this point the USS S37 had been stationed in San Diego to be used as a training ship for antisubmarine warfare training. He had stayed with the sub up until it was decommissioned on February 6, 1945 as a Electrician's Mate 2nd Class. I could not find much on him after this, since all I could find was that he was transferred to ComSubAd. ,M.I. , Calif. on February 7, 1945. One thing to note of the group is the sweetheart jewelry that I first found, since from his FindAGrave link, who had passed in 1997, his nickname was Jack. Though it is not much, I am happy to be able to keep this sailors history alive and be able to learn of his service from the research. 

20211227_153623.jpg.ca7588a563a9152027fadb9b7aeb5e95.jpg