23rd Headquarters Special Troops Patch

Dominik

Just got this awesome patch. I have heard and read about this unit, however, u was just curious if anyone could provide more insight on whether or not this patch is real and the history behind it?

16404880652306648679831076648076.jpg

16404880751317935759176635720721.jpg

FT.Monmouth1943

Patch is not real. Probably made within the last 5 years. I’ve personally never seen an original one, but maybe another member has and can chime in. Repros like this are all over the place and if you go on eBay you’ll see a bunch of ones that look almost exactly like this one. 

- Jakob

looks like s NCHS patch made my George A petersen if you google yhe 23rd specila signal co you can get info it goes great  with 3133rd patchu

s-l1600.jpg

9 hours ago, FT.Monmouth1943 said:

Patch is not real. Probably made within the last 5 years. I’ve personally never seen an original one, but maybe another member has and can chime in. Repros like this are all over the place and if you go on eBay you’ll see a bunch of ones that look almost exactly like this one. 

- Jakob

Alright man, I appreciate the info.

ASMIC published an article on the unit in the JM 2019 issue and a letter from a unit veteran in the JS 2019 issue. The GIs in the unit wore the patches they made of actual active units. The patch that began this thread and similar DI ("jewelry" as the vet called it) were never made for nor worn by the unit.  The patch that began this thread was made from an unofficial drawing for the 23rd.

• 5 months later...
Airborne-Hunter

This patch design has become very popular in recent years. The modern equivalent unit in the army even used it in their recruiting video (0:50):