Hunting For a Flight Jacket

Dominik

I'm looking for a painted flight jacket from WW2. Does anybody happen to now of a good place to look for one? I'm struggling to find any.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll admit, good painted jackets have been becoming increasingly difficult to come by as the years go by. Especially with rock solid provenance. If you have a opportunity to go the Show of Shows, that's as good of place as any to find one. Patience is key as well. Various auction houses will get one or 2 from time to time, but make sure you know what you are looking at as there are plenty of fakes out there.

Good luck and happy hunting in 2022

JD

Hey Guys, Haven’t posted in a while. I retrieved my dads decal. Sticker on leather. I had it digitally retouched. I am enclosing it if anyone would like to use it, you have my blessing. Best in the New Year! Brian

56EB2ECD-C3D5-40AD-BAFB-4271B91FF385.png

1 hour ago, Boru said:

Hey Guys, Haven’t posted in a while. I retrieved my dads decal. Sticker on leather. I had it digitally retouched. I am enclosing it if anyone would like to use it, you have my blessing. Best in the New Year! Brian

56EB2ECD-C3D5-40AD-BAFB-4271B91FF385.png

That's wicked cool man!

2 hours ago, JDK said:

I'll admit, good painted jackets have been becoming increasingly difficult to come by as the years go by. Especially with rock solid provenance. If you have a opportunity to go the Show of Shows, that's as good of place as any to find one. Patience is key as well. Various auction houses will get one or 2 from time to time, but make sure you know what you are looking at as there are plenty of fakes out there.

JD

2 hours ago, JDK said:

JD

Thanks man, I really appreciate the help!

On 1/11/2022 at 2:09 AM, greek5bc said:

Hi, I got few on my site:

uswarspatches.com

thanks and best regards 

gil Chaya

10A498BA-0FC8-4C3F-8402-DA039946BFC9.jpeg

93975478-A2A6-4F59-B431-8DDD747935C6.jpeg

3AECCB5F-A649-498E-86D1-464EE9E6287D.jpeg

AF09D666-A0CB-4EFA-A7EA-5F9B3A5F0F6F.jpeg

A0AC19DE-C370-4AC1-B10E-20FB4A292F8F.jpeg

Awesome! I'll go check them out now.