Finding ww2 vehicles

Elliott R

What would you guys say is the best place to look for WW2 vehicles? I look on Ebay, Craigslist, and some other military vehicles sites but don't find much. I don't know if im looking in the wrong places, or if there are just not a lot of ww2 vehicles for sale right now. 

• 4 weeks later...
General Apathy
On 12/21/2021 at 5:58 AM, Elliott R said:

What would you guys say is the best place to look for WW2 vehicles? I look on Ebay, Craigslist, and some other military vehicles sites but don't find much. I don't know if im looking in the wrong places, or if there are just not a lot of ww2 vehicles for sale right now. 

Hi,

Take a look at the MILWEB website, it's an International website with everything from cycles to tanks . . . . . . . . 

https://www.milweb.net/

regards lewis.

4 hours ago, General Apathy said:

Hi,

Take a look at the MILWEB website, it's an International website with everything from cycles to tanks . . . . . . . . 

https://www.milweb.net/

regards lewis.

Thanks, will definitely check that out

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 8:58 PM, Elliott R said:

I sold most of my late husbands collection from contacts I made through the military vehicles clubs. The SCMVCC  and the IEMVPA are the ones in southern california.

Also Offer Up was a good source for us.  I think finding the WW11 collectors and asking them would be a good start.  

• 2 months later...
whiskydown

I see some things on FB marketplace.

My local MVPA chapter has someone selling a vehicle a few times a year and they spread the word using the email list. I've also used the chapter to network and find vehicles or parts. I just picked up an M100 trailer at a fair price this way.

Another good idea is attending military vehicle rallies and swap meets, like Findlay, OH. You can probably find vehicles for sale or at least network and let people know what you're hunting.

Even with today's tech, it's hard to beat word of mouth when hunting military vehicles. Most of the owner's of mil vehicles are from a generation that isn't the most tech savvy.

Elliott R
1 hour ago, whiskydown said:

I see some things on FB marketplace.

My local MVPA chapter has someone selling a vehicle a few times a year and they spread the word using the email list. I've also used the chapter to network and find vehicles or parts. I just picked up an M100 trailer at a fair price this way.

Another good idea is attending military vehicle rallies and swap meets, like Findlay, OH. You can probably find vehicles for sale or at least network and let people know what you're hunting.

Even with today's tech, it's hard to beat word of mouth when hunting military vehicles. Most of the owner's of mil vehicles are from a generation that isn't the most tech savvy.

thanks for the tips! I will see what I can find out.