Wwii submariner badge grouping

blademan

Greetings,

I just picked up this small grouping belonging to a Wwii and Korean war submarine veteran. 

If anyone has any info on this guy, it would be greatly appreciated. It seems he was in for 18 years and in we'll before the war. 

I like the short titled navy bronze star, sub qual pins, and the shooting patch. It seems the metals and patch indicate a vessel he was on but not sure. Possible an early sub and sub chaser? 

Thanks

20211216_160107.jpg

20211217_163415.jpg

20211217_163027.jpg

collectsmedals

It is a long shot, but S-22 was a Holland "S" class submarine launched in 1920 and commissioned in 1924. Decommissioned June 19, 1942 she was transferred to the Royal Navy where she became the HMS P.544 based out of Halifax, Canada. That could explain the British style crest on the patch in the display. If your man was in prior to World War II he could have served on S-22. I have not been successful finding a crew list for S-22.

41 minutes ago, collectsmedals said:

It is a long shot, but S-22 was a Holland "S" class submarine launched in 1920 and commissioned in 1924. Decommissioned June 19, 1942 she was transferred to the Royal Navy where she became the HMS P.544 based out of Halifax, Canada. That could explain the British style crest on the patch in the display. If your man was in prior to World War II he could have served on S-22. I have not been successful finding a crew list for S-22.

Thanks for the input. He went into the navy about 1928 and was in for 18 years. The shooting awards are from the layer 1930s. He seem to have served some time on sc-221. I think it was a sub chaser. Thanks for your help.