M43 Rigger Modified Jump Pants

Connor Bills

Hey everyone, I have here a pair of m43 rigger modified pants. They came directly from a 101st vet that served in wwii along with other items. Just gonna post some pics to see what y’all think about them. I can get better ones if a few days hopefully. Please tell me what y’all think! Thanks. 

C0902685-BE33-49CB-AD96-8D9013F72E0A.jpeg

BC4FC059-952D-4BE7-B097-B2BE302213E8.jpeg

606537D3-944F-496A-AF62-3069DAB9DDC2.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Do the back pockets have a button or a snap closure? The modified pockets tell me that that is very, very late World War II or just after.

Would love to see the pants turned inside out and very detailed, macro photographs of the stitching from the inside. As well as good shots of the tie off straps.

1 hour ago, Tom Kibler said:

Do the back pockets have a button or a snap closure? The modified pockets tell me that that is very, very late World War II or just after.

Would love to see the pants turned inside out and very detailed, macro photographs of the stitching from the inside. As well as good shots of the tie off straps.

10-4 I’ll get the photos as soon as I can. 

good finds! i love when im able to get things from the vets and they can tell a couple stories. but it appears theres a firearm laying about, practice proper storage of firearms ev'ryone

54 minutes ago, daswrack said:

good finds! i love when im able to get things from the vets and they can tell a couple stories. but it appears theres a firearm laying about, practice proper storage of firearms ev'ryone

The firearm is my model 93 saddle ring marlin. The firing pin broke and it’s inoperable at this moment. 

1 hour ago, daswrack said:

A firearm in a picture doesn’t indicate improper storage. 

24 minutes ago, CHASEUSA11B said:

In this case, it was on that mat to be examined and diagnosed. The pants were there and I took the pics at the same time. 

19 minutes ago, Connor Bills said:

In this case, it was on that mat to be examined and diagnosed. The pants were there and I took the pics at the same time. 

I’m with you, I was saying that just because you can see a rifle in a picture doesn’t mean it’s being stored -improperly- as was being implied in the other post. There’s nothing wrong with having a rifle out. 
cool pants 

6 minutes ago, CHASEUSA11B said:

I’m with you, I was saying that just because you can see a rifle in a picture doesn’t mean it’s being stored -improperly- as was being implied in the other post. There’s nothing wrong with having a rifle out. 
cool pants 

Just wait till I post the rest of the grouping! It’s truly something to marvel at. 

For those that have handled reinforced m42s, what does the canvas that was added to elbows and knees feel like? Does it have sort of a stiff waxy texture, or just a plane canvas feeling? 

A great pair of late war M43's.   The material can be stiff and waxy, depending on lots of variables...  Was it impregnated?  Was it over washed?   Etc.  Like I said, your set of pants appears right AND you found lots of goodies that make it even better!!  Well done!

14 hours ago, CHASEUSA11B said:

13 hours ago, Connor Bills said:

simply concerned and without context, thanks for clarification

8 hours ago, Tom Kibler said:

A great pair of late war M43's.   The material can be stiff and waxy, depending on lots of variables...  Was it impregnated?  Was it over washed?   Etc.  Like I said, your set of pants appears right AND you found lots of goodies that make it even better!!  Well done!

These added pockets definitely have the stiff, waxy feel. From what I understand reading threads on here is that the first modified m43s had the same impregnated material as the m42s and the leg straps were the same 3/4” khaki straps and the on the m42s. Am I correct here?

This vet also brought home some modified m42 pants which are part of the group. 

I’m not positive on the material.  However the harder angle of the pocket flap denotes an earlier modified pair of pants.  As the war went on, the picket flap squared off….

39 minutes ago, Connor Bills said:

These added pockets definitely have the stiff, waxy feel. From what I understand reading threads on here is that the first modified m43s had the same impregnated material as the m42s and the leg straps were the same 3/4” khaki straps and the on the m42s. Am I correct here?

This vet also brought home some modified m42 pants which are part of the group. 

my understanding the material was creosote treated english tent/ tarp canvas. I have a set from a 506th veteran that also has the added canvas  on the legs 

34 minutes ago, Tom Kibler said:

I’m not positive on the material.  However the harder angle of the pocket flap denotes an earlier modified pair of pants.  As the war went on, the picket flap squared off….

Ahh ok cool! I believe I read that as well. 

20 minutes ago, doyler said:

my understanding the material was creosote treated english tent/ tarp canvas. I have a set from a 506th veteran that also has the added canvas  on the legs 

I wonder if there’s a way to find out if these were chemically treated. 

13 minutes ago, doyler said:

trousers from B Co 506th vet. He was a replacement for Holland. Served at the Bulge. Trousers have the added panel for the knees.

image.png.da73336be33d883e060b9ca385364be8.png

Look a lot like these ones! Those having the knees added too might be cooler…