US Marked Golf Club Bag

phil.co1

General Apathy
2 hours ago, cagedfalcon said:

Looks like a old golf club bag to me.

It IS a golf bag . . . . . . .  I had a full set with the bag at one time.  used during rest and recreation, amongst many other pieces of sports equipment baseball bats, mitts, baseballs / softballs, boxing gloves, chess sets, bingo games, playing cards, domino's.  

Somewhere in my photo files I have a golf club marked up ' US Army '.

.fullsizeoutput_f1dd.jpeg.e841c542b3b5ed9527b73e378d1c1146.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_f1f1.jpeg.ba5a23979753ea4b563d63f6648cc2ec.jpeg

Regards lewis.

Wow. Thought along those lines too but never really considered it could be right. A rare piece I suppose but where do you get the golf clubs to go with it! 

8 hours ago, phil.co1 said:

Wow. Thought along those lines too but never really considered it could be right. A rare piece I suppose but where do you get the golf clubs to go with it! 

Garage sales,FB Marketplace,  pawn shops

• 3 weeks later...
USMC_COLLECTOR

Played golf with a Korean War Vet. Served during Korea said his job in the army was to play golf with all the generals. Sounds like the life to me!

I have a US Army Golf club . I will post a pic of it in the morning . If I remember right it is marked US Army Special Services .

Dave

18 hours ago, davekj said:

I have a US Army Golf club . I will post a pic of it in the morning . If I remember right it is marked US Army Special Services .

Dave

Here is a picture of the club I have

golf.JPG

golf1.JPG

I forgot , I picked this up at a local flea market for $15 . I have seen others with prices ranging from $15 to $100 for 1 club . This one is a wood shaft also .

I use to have a bag just like that but it was white and maker marked , but can not remember who it was .

It is something you don't see everyday .

Dave