Opinions M1 helmet used by Brazil (along with German helmet)

joaobr

hello gentlemen,

this week I got an M1 helmet used by a brazilian soldier in WWII. It's a really cool piece and I would like to share it with you.

He had a part of the liner a little loose but I put it in place. But when I did that I noticed that there were brown spots along it, I never saw it. I found it interesting. What do you think it could be?

Along with him, I also got a German helmet that was with the veteran's family. I'll send pictures of him too for you guys to take a look at and let me know your thoughts on him too

i hope you like

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 14.33.21.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 14.33.25.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 14.33.24.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 14.33.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 14.33.17.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 14.33.16.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 14.24.38 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 14.24.38 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 14.24.38 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 14.24.38 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 15.07.02.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 14.24.38 (9).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-14 at 14.24.38 (8).jpeg

2 hours ago, ccmax said:

Flawless M1. The M42 is a camo.

Thanks for the comment! Good to talk to another Brazilian around here

I found this M42 helmet camouflaged with a different pattern. But I don't understand much about German helmets.

On 12/14/2021 at 9:20 PM, joaobr said:

Thanks for the comment! Good to talk to another Brazilian around here

I found this M42 helmet camouflaged with a different pattern. But I don't understand much about German helmets.

Very nice set. Did you find out what unit he served with? and where they served overseas? 

Adrian 

3 minutes ago, Adrian6256 said:

Very nice set. Did you find out what unit he served with? and where they served overseas? 

Adrian 

BEF served in Italy 44-45. That's a great set you've got! Be sure to keep any info you have on the vet with both pieces

3 hours ago, Adrian6256 said:

Conjunto muito bom. Você descobriu com qual unidade ele serviu? e onde serviram no exterior? 

Adrian 

Unfortunately I don't know which unit the veteran belonged to. Only that it served in Italy

• 1 month later...

Bom dia Joao ! 

Onde você encontrou esse capacete brasileiro? Que legal!

It's a very nice piece of history. I dream to have a FEB's helmet ;)

I see that you're from Brazil (Saudade do seu pais :)  ), do you know if there is a place, an organisation, whatever, where we can find the name of the brazilian whos fought not in the FEB but in Us Army. I found a picture who belonged to my Grandfather and this american soldier ont he picture wrote a message on the back for him in brazilian portuguese. I have his name but i found nothing and i'm pretty sure that he was not an american soldier with brazilian descent 'cause even if my GF wasn't american at this time, but french, i don't understand why an american soldier would have written in portuguese whereas my grandfather never spoke it :)

Have a great day. 

2 hours ago, Aruanda said:

Bom dia Joao ! 

Onde você encontrou esse capacete brasileiro? Que legal!

It's a very nice piece of history. I dream to have a FEB's helmet ;)

I see that you're from Brazil (Saudade do seu pais :)  ), do you know if there is a place, an organisation, whatever, where we can find the name of the brazilian whos fought not in the FEB but in Us Army. I found a picture who belonged to my Grandfather and this american soldier ont he picture wrote a message on the back for him in brazilian portuguese. I have his name but i found nothing and i'm pretty sure that he was not an american soldier with brazilian descent 'cause even if my GF wasn't american at this time, but french, i don't understand why an american soldier would have written in portuguese whereas my grandfather never spoke it :)

Have a great day. 

Hello!

Thank you for your words and for your good memories of Brazil!!!

The helmet was purchased from the family of a FEB veteran right here in Brazil.

I don't know of any kind of organization or website named after Brazilian veterans who fought in the US army, unfortunately. Only sites that list the Brazilian soldiers of the FEB. Maybe you can find it on US archive sites like NARA-AAD and others. I'll leave the links of some that I remembered easily:

https://aad.archives.gov/aad/#

https://gravelocator.cem.va.gov/ngl/index.jsp

http://memory.loc.gov/diglib/vhp/html/search/browse-vets.html

Perhaps other colleagues can help with more references on where to find this information.

Thank you for those links. I already knew Aad but not the others. 

About sites which list FEB soldiers do you know if where is someone who's called Jose Tovar? 

Have nice day, hope to find a piece of FEB one day. :)

9 minutes ago, Aruanda said:

Thank you for those links. I already knew Aad but not the others. 

About sites which list FEB soldiers do you know if where is someone who's called Jose Tovar? 

Have nice day, hope to find a piece of FEB one day. :)

Hi Aruanda,

I hope you can find a piece from FEB someday too!

I looked on this site that has the names of FEB veterans listed and I couldn't find it for "jose tovar". The word Tovar might be something like "Tavares" in reality, which is a more common name. But it's just a guess.

Here is the website:

https://bankedadosfeb.com.br/

Hope to help in some way!

Have a great day!