American Legion Medals Showcase

cattaraugus

Hi, I really like the looks of this medal, shame its not a US military issue. I was trying to figure who made this one, there is an upper case M with a 22 beneath it as the makers mark. From what I was able to find, they seem to have made different versions of this medal as time went on. This one has a slot brooch, so I guess it is WW2 vintage. thanks in advance, Mike

post-4406-1234648795.jpg

Hi Mike,

This is one of my favorite medals even though they are not military.They are made by Medallic Art Co. NY. The small medal was issued to the student for character and scholarship and the large table medal was for the school and measures 3 ". The one in the display is in its original box and named and dated 1946.You are correct that there are several different designs but this is the most striking. When you run acrossed them they are relatively cheap but still a fantastic piece.If it needs a new home let me know.

Cheers Dan

post-2552-1234652271.jpg

post-2552-1234652278.jpg

• 1 month later...
Championhilz

I picked up this nice little grouping of American Legion Convention medals belonging to a man named Crook. They were five dollars apiece, so the price was definitely right. I think they will look very nice framed up together in a small shadowbox.

post-274-1237602784.jpg