Jump to content

Fake WWI DSC/ Navy Cross group eBay Seller bigp63


Bill_Carman
 Share

Recommended Posts

MottTheHoople

Note the rim ding just below the right hand corner of the very bottom star on the reverse of the medal.  Additionally the scratch below FOR on the reverse.

 

On the obverse there is a small ding above the P as well as the scratches above the T @ 2 o clock.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, the buyer of the fake Certificate of Merit liked it...so.... "A fool and his money are quickly parted..."

 

 

Screenshot_141.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like the DSM is back. I'm guessing someone either returned it or canceled the auction.


While looking at it, I'm not sure if my eyes are deceiving me or not, but it appears he used a bit of glue right below the brooch to secure the threads in place? Definitely looks like a dab of super glue or something similar (not surprising since he is a model builder...) 

 

 

Screenshot_142.jpg

Screenshot_143.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, USMCR79 said:

DSM 665 was issued in 1919 to Major George P. Thomas - British Army

 

Bill

 

 

I don't give him all too much credit, but if I were trying to pass something off to a buyer who probably wouldn't return it (and wouldn't be sufficiently knowledgeable about what they are supposed to look like), I'd fake a medal to a foreign recipient, hoping that a foreign buyer would pick it up, not only paying a premium but also not sending it back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Dave said:

 

 

I don't give him all too much credit, but if I were trying to pass something off to a buyer who probably wouldn't return it (and wouldn't be sufficiently knowledgeable about what they are supposed to look like), I'd fake a medal to a foreign recipient, hoping that a foreign buyer would pick it up, not only paying a premium but also not sending it back. 

My thought also

 

Bill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DSC  #600 is interesting as it was shown being issued to James A Norton from Columbia SD - Wagoner with Company A 107th Ammo Train - However notes in the roll indicate this DSC was returned to the Adjutant General of the AEF because the service member was not available - So the true DSC #600 was returned and who knows who it was issued to.

 

However this medal in question is not a WWI period DSC and is of recent "manufacture"

 

Bill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, USMCR79 said:

DSC  #600 is interesting as it was shown being issued to James A Norton from Columbia SD - Wagoner with Company A 107th Ammo Train - However notes in the roll indicate this DSC was returned to the Adjutant General of the AEF because the service member was not available - So the true DSC #600 was returned and who knows who it was issued to.

 

However this medal in question is not a WWI period DSC and is of recent "manufacture"

 

Bill

Did Norton ever receive the medal?

 

Interesting information thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, manayunkman said:

Did Norton ever receive the medal?

 

Interesting information thank you.

No idea if he did or it was reissued to someone else

 

Bill

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, USMCR79 said:

No idea if he did or it was reissued to someone else

 

Bill

The medal in general not specifically the numbered one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He’s at it again. Bigp63 didn’t even wait for his fake WWI DSC medal auction to end before listing a fake WWII Navy Cross and numbered DFC medal. His number stamps have really been getting a workout lately. The Navy Cross lapel pin and some of the civilian medals were bought by him on eBay a few months ago.

510C2916-9CC9-48D9-A5B1-A68293860B4E.jpeg

ABD89792-17E7-4D2C-AD24-A39B096C1E1C.jpeg

B581A85B-D2EA-4160-BFB4-7741D84E6049.jpeg

DAF6BA21-3989-4B0C-9AF4-C66AFB18FDD5.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He just relisted another one of his fake medals. This is a fake WWI Purple Heart, numbered 100, that he previously had sold. Perhaps somebody returned it. Anyhow, he purchased the WWI BBB PH box and WWI victory medal a few months back in an eBay auction. The PH started out as an unnumbered WWII PH planchet in a separate auction. 

4AD53814-38DD-4929-ABFB-52D9BB190997.jpeg

C1EE5C55-F8E0-41FF-AAC8-19311E949EDE.jpeg

3F4D7E91-B2D7-4D6A-943E-2B36B8A3444A.jpeg

3F86165E-9090-48C2-A875-FF13C2DFA660.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I totally missed the NC/DFC group he put together as it was a BIN. One would start to think...how many DSCs, NCs, etc. would someone have in order to keep listing them one after another on eBay? Especially since they look similar and the ribbons also all look similar. I'm guessing that the people buying these don't care or think to look at previous auctions...sigh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...