Fake WWI DSC/ Navy Cross group eBay Seller bigp63

Bill_Carman

Here is an original piece of WWI DSC ribbon that he bought off eBay and the corresponding auction photos. Rather compelling…

Take a crimp brooch DSC planchet, stamp some numbers and artificially age it, add an original WWI ribbon and an old wrap brooch, and you have a $1000+ medal. Quite a return on investment if you have no morals.

4B225BAA-7F44-4095-87DD-3DD00CC3A2D8.jpeg

ABA35CC3-3335-4CC0-A79F-1B2AA180871A.jpeg

C43427CF-F997-4185-AC24-AAE382CDAD2A.jpeg

1 hour ago, AirMechanic said:

Here’s another fake helmet he has for sale.

2413080D-C127-4B9B-810E-1151042075D4.jpeg

Wow, this guy just keeps on churning them out. His fakes are really good. I wonder why he put the EGA in that spot. Here is one of mine to compare. 

5A07882A-36FA-4B8C-8053-4F9CC9338A5C.jpeg

I noticed he buys things from spending_grandma who sells ribbons and such (they are a legitimate seller). But, he apparently buys things for nefarious purposes...

2022-10-24_13-55-48.jpg

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the blackening agent he bought probably wasn't going to be used for photoetching on models... 

Screenshot_26.jpg

Screenshot_27.jpg

41 minutes ago, Dave said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the blackening agent he bought probably wasn't going to be used for photoetching on models...

It's too bad that the blackener cuts into his profits, but he can deduct it as a business expense.  At least the water is practically free for him to simulate the dead of winter, frozen pipes bursting water damage and rust.

Unfortunately, I never saved the photos of the stuff that was listed with the Certificate of Merit, but it appears that the postcard and the collar disk are both here: 

Screenshot_58.jpg

Screenshot_75.jpg

Screenshot_76.jpg

Oh, and here's the rank insignia that's along with the Certificate of Merit (it was badly numbered 224). Fits the recipient to a "T". 

Screenshot_53.jpg

Screenshot_77.jpg