1950s Football Helmet

patches

• 9 months later...

My father was a tanker in Korean War, two tours. Check out ejstuczko flickr- one page has photo of tankers with helmets similar to these but more WWII era. There is an photo of inspection of tank crew, helmets laid out are similar those from era.

I personally know the artist and he did around six of these helmets with different units painted on. The way he paints letters is like a fingerprint. I'm sure Doyler would confirm also. I have an example from the series he painted as they were pretty cheap when he was selling them and he is a quality artist. He sells them as reproductions, but the people who follow, not so much.

20220925_140307.jpg

20220925_140320.jpg

4 hours ago, bbmilitaria said:

I personally know the artist and he did around six of these helmets with different units painted on. The way he paints letters is like a fingerprint. I'm sure Doyler would confirm also. I have an example from the series he painted as they were pretty cheap when he was selling them and he is a quality artist. He sells them as reproductions, but the people who follow, not so much.

Thanks for the information, I figured that was the case. It's a shame they get relisted as originals.