Good technical books on the Silver Star?

TGAZ

Looking for suggestions on books about the Silver Star, history, technical information, naming etc.

This is the only book that comes up so far, is it recommended?: The silver star: A history of America's third highest award for combat valor

Just my humble opinion but the book that you referenced above is a very good book, It has 255 pages of information, names, photos of recipients, criteria, chapters on design and manufacture..

The Author, Frederic L Borch has also written and co-authored with William R. Westlake a book and the Soldiers Medal.

Fred also wrote a book on the Bronze Star Medal and co authored a book on the Purple Heart with F. C. Brown.

All four books sit on my bookshelf and I refer to them often

Best regards, stay safe

Leigh 

Reference Books134 (1).jpg

Reference Books135.jpg

Reference Books132.jpg

Reference Books134 (2).jpg

Interesting Medal of Honor Teachers guide there cagedfalcon...

I picked up a similar teachers guide for the Battle of Iwo Jima a few weeks ago at a used book store..

Interesting guidebook, had a reprint of the WW2 era island map, photos and the lesson plan for the teacher.. 

Best regards, stay safe

Leigh 

18 minutes ago, Rakkasan187 said:

Interesting Medal of Honor Teachers guide there cagedfalcon...

I picked up a similar teachers guide for the Battle of Iwo Jima a few weeks ago at a used book store..

Interesting guidebook, had a reprint of the WW2 era island map, photos and the lesson plan for the teacher.. 

Best regards, stay safe

Leigh 

Leigh

Interesting book but really dought I'll researching any MOH winners.

Paul 

Borch’s book on the Silver Star is probably the best one out there for what you’re looking for. Like Leigh, I use my copy regularly. If you can find a copy grab it.

Kevin

Thanks everyone for the recommendations, I ordered Borch's book.

For anyone looking, Lloyd Zimmer has several new copies for $80 (which includes shipping). (I have no affiliation with him or know who he is)

https://www.biblio.com/9780964153332

https://www.ksbiblio.com/product/8580/The-Silver-Star-A-History-of-Americas-Third-Highest-Award-for-Combat-Valor