This Facility Will Self Destruct: Fort Hunt Park

MinorInHistory

MinorInHistory

Hello everyone! I’d like to share this documentary that I made concerning a little known but fascinating historic site from the Second World War; Fort Hunt. This film was made using primary sources including the original blueprints, and I walk the site showing where different locations used to be and what their purpose was. If you are interested in WWII Special Operations, the Spanish American War, or military history in general, this is worth a watch!

Very nice video!  Well researched and interesting.  It seems humorous today that they would build gun emplacements to stop a Spanish fleet on the river, but at that  time, it probably made some sense.  Thanks and keep up the good work.

Steve

Cobra 6 Actual

Nicely done! Well-researched and well-presented! Compliments to your Dad for the camera work, too. It would be interesting to use a drone to take an aerial look at that Fort. You might be able to see outlines of the building better.

It would be a great place to metal detect for artifacts, but the fact that it's now a park probably prohibits that .  It wouldn't hurt to ask though!

MinorInHistory
1 hour ago, Cobra 6 Actual said:

Nicely done! Well-researched and well-presented! Compliments to your Dad for the camera work, too. It would be interesting to use a drone to take an aerial look at that Fort. You might be able to see outlines of the building better.

Thanks for the compliments, I like the drone idea I’ll have to keep that in mind!

38 minutes ago, GWS said:

It would be a great place to metal detect for artifacts, but the fact that it's now a park probably prohibits that .  It wouldn't hurt to ask though!

I’ve had that thought many times, I remember my friend found a spent round on the property near the batteries, so I have no doubt there’s stuff to be found!