Late War liner Chinstrap?

spagg

I was told this chinstrap was post WWII? Even as far back as the Vietnam? I believe it's late WWII around 1944-45, not postwar. Has black painted steel clasp with Patent number on the back and both rivets are stamped United Carr. I want to be 100% sure this is WWII issued chinstrap. Thank you.

IMG_4007.jpg

IMG_4008.jpg

IMG_4009.jpg

IMG_4010.jpg

8 hours ago, john k said:

Black painted steel is post ww2.  ww2 would be green painted steel, or blackened brass.  

Even with united carr rivets? OK

Burning Hazard
10 hours ago, spagg said:

I was told this chinstrap was post WWII? Even as far back as the Vietnam? I believe it's late WWII around 1944-45, not postwar. Has black painted steel clasp with Patent number on the back and both rivets are stamped United Carr. I want to be 100% sure this is WWII issued chinstrap. Thank you.

I believe this is an early post-war leather liner chinstrap because of the black painted steel hardware. United Carr became DOT at the very end of WWII but they still used up all leftover hardware parts well into the post-war years; they even provided United Carr parts to Euro countries. I once owned a Euro-clone (French or Dutch) leather liner chinstrap with United Carr hardware and thick European leather.

Pat

Hi from France .

Its correct U.S made , post war era 1952 /54 variation, its like late war brass buckle , the only difference is use the iron instead of  brass for the buckle , no really easy to fine  in this very good condition .

Have nice day