Jump to content

204th Field Artillery Korea 1953 Kodachrome Slides


338thRCT
 Share

Recommended Posts

Picked up several Kodachrome Slides of the 204th Field Artillery in Korea. All have hand written notes about what is pictured. Dated March through June 1953.

Koreahighres002.jpg

Koreahighres003.jpg

KoreaHighres006.jpg

Koreahighres012.jpg

Koreahighres013.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great stuff, and Nixon too.

 

Got to be the 1st Battalion, Royal Highland Regiment The Black Watch marching by in the one photo,1st Battalion The Black Watch they serve there from , June 1952 to July 1953 and past the armistice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bunkerhillburning said:

Nice find! What are you using to scan the slides? The results are crisp and clean. 

Use my old Epson Perfection V500 Scanner which on a 400 DPI setting with some additional optional modes. Takes several minutes to preview and then scan a group of four slides, ( I leave the room and do another chore while waiting ) but  they come out looking very nice. Photoshop helps take out any leftover spots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, patches said:

Great stuff, and Nixon too.

 

Got to be the 1st Battalion, Royal Highland Regiment The Black Watch marching by in the one photo,1st Battalion The Black Watch they serve there from , June 1952 to July 1953 and past the armistice.

The notations didn't state the unit, but did say it was for the coronation of the new Queen Elizabeth's Coronation on 2 June, 1953.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, 338thRCT said:

The notations didn't state the unit, but did say it was for the coronation of the new Queen Elizabeth's Coronation on 2 June, 1953.

Yes, the Black Watch, as they were the only Highland unit in Korea then. The very first was the 1st Battalion, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders from Hong Kong, sent up to Korea in the summer of 1950, it rotated out in April 1951.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, patches said:

Yes, the Black Watch, as they were the only Highland unit in Korea then. The very first was the 1st Battalion, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders from Hong Kong, sent up to Korea in the summer of 1950, it rotated out in April 1951.

Here's two more that were taken on 3 June, 1953

Koreahighres009A.jpg

Koreahighres007A.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...