Panama Medal of Solidarity 1917-1918, Bronze Grade with Type1 Victory??

Pointedcuffs

I need some help on this one. I believe the medal of solidarity is real but not sure about the victory. It does not match descriptions of known fakes.

Thoughts?

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

Your Victory medal and bars appear to be Made in France - I suspect that the Solidarity medal is a Made in France copy also - Nice pair

Bill

Wow ok. I was not aware of copies being made for the solidarity medal.

Do you have a reference that shows the French made Victory? Both WW1 victory medal reference books I have do not list this style.

Thank you.

OK, same book I have. This style victory medal only matches the description of the type 1 in the book.

• 10 months later...
On 12/2/2021 at 3:50 AM, USMCR79 said:

Your Victory medal and bars appear to be Made in France - I suspect that the Solidarity medal is a Made in France copy also - Nice pair

Bill

Hey Bill,

do you know of a site or a reference where they directly compare a genuine, original strike Panama Solidarity medal with a later copy? All of the medals I have seen online look very similar to the one I have, so I am looking for quite subtle differences in strike or size, but of course I don't know for sure which of the ones I have seen online are real and which ones not. Do you know for example if the French copies are marked in some way?

best wishes

Rob