Found this button at a yard sale in protective wrapping.

MartinMcFly

I found this button along with a few other military badges (one a confirmed genuine pre world war 2 Balloon pilot badge )

I do not know if it is US Military as it says “eingetr muster” on the back which I think is german for patent or trademark. 

It was protected in bubble wrap and plastic and I’m not sure why.  I’d appreciate any help identifying this

8823BF5A-C70B-49D2-BE89-1739AE817F8D.jpeg

9E5ABDD1-3487-43A3-859E-17E0EDB1420C.jpeg

D77ED613-F918-4641-8E3F-2A0B2B8BD907.jpeg

No idea, but it seems the firm made some cool buttons over the years according to Google images

Someone is selling one like yours on Etsy... https://www.etsy.com/listing/1105009066/ancient-mariner-albatross-bird?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=eingetr+muster&ref=sr_gallery-1-5

1 hour ago, Brig said:

No idea, but it seems the firm made some cool buttons over the years according to Google images

Someone is selling one like yours on Etsy... https://www.etsy.com/listing/1105009066/ancient-mariner-albatross-bird?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=eingetr+muster&ref=sr_gallery-1-5

Thanks for finding that. I tried using google images and I couldn’t come up with anything. How did you find it?

It’s definitely the same motif, though mine is about the size of a dime and different material, while this one looks almost twice as big as a penny - But it definitely puts me on the right path. Thanks again

41 minutes ago, manayunkman said:

Civilian 1920s or so.

Thanks. I also have this one but I’m guessing it also isn’t military

23B20F97-50C4-49CE-A85F-78E3DF4A59B3.jpeg

322DAF52-C136-48F5-8AA8-C97259E3EC6D.jpeg

1 hour ago, Brig said:

Also not military, right? 

018DBE32-5CF4-4071-B096-789F4B861F26.jpeg

D4A8495C-76BB-4050-B8DA-D9E7205BAF5F.jpeg

20 hours ago, MartinMcFly said:

Thanks for finding that. I tried using google images and I couldn’t come up with anything. How did you find it?

It’s definitely the same motif, though mine is about the size of a dime and different material, while this one looks almost twice as big as a penny - But it definitely puts me on the right path. Thanks again

I searched the back mark and "button". That was it. Popped up like number 4 on the list