Is this cartridge box real?

I need a second opinion on this one. It is in such nice shape my immediate thought is a 50 year old reenactment piece but it does seem to show some genuine age and I can't seem to find a repro with as nice aging to the inside like this one. What do you all think? I mean it might not even be American.  I just have no idea on this one. 

DSCF9318.JPG

DSCF9319.JPG

DSCF9320.JPG

DSCF9321.JPG

DSCF9322.JPG

DSCF9323.JPG

DSCF9324.JPG

I am guessing either Military School (late 1890's to 1910) based on the rivet inside or possibly made for a movie production. It is not Civil War and not a Federal produced Indian War Army cartridge or fuze box that I am familiar with. 

5 minutes ago, ludwigh1980 said:

I am guessing either Military School (late 1890's to 1910) based on the rivet inside or possibly made for a movie production. It is not Civil War and not a Federal produced Indian War Army cartridge or fuze box that I am familiar with. 

Thank you, I wasn't sure about that rivet but that was one of my concerns. It just seemed older than a 1960s reenactor piece. 

I am thinking it has some age and may have been a bannerman piece sold with the so called "Quaker" drill rifles that were popular with Boy's Schools and the Son of Union Veterans during the turn of the 19th/20th Century. Just a guess on my part. 

I believe ludwigh is correct that this is a cadet cartridge box used for dress parades.  It would have used white webbing straps that went through the leather loops and buttoned to the brass studs on the back.  It looks like someone has improvised belt loops, possibly for early Civil War reenacting.  I think it might be a lot newer than 1890-1910, maybe 1950s or 60s.