W2 M1 Helmet Please Help!

BAR44

Hello again, so I have another helmet I want to make a post about. This helmet is another flea market find. 

The helmet is a WW2 front seam swivel bail. I think the helmet is a Schlueter. There is a heat stamp on the inside of the helmet but it is hard to see. The heat stamp appears to be "265B" but I could be wrong. 

The helmet also has lots of writing on the inside. The helmet does have an ID. It has a soldier's name and unit written on the inside. It also has his hometown written on the inside as well.

I would like some help identifying more about this helmet. Specifically the heat stamp I would like to try and determine the production date of this helmet. I would love to hear some of your thoughts.

1120211842.jpg

1120211843.jpg

1120211843a.jpg

1120211843b.jpg

1120211843c.jpg

1120211843d.jpg

1120211843e.jpg

1120211844a.jpg

1120211844e.jpg

1120211844g.jpg

Looks like a helmet of WWII production but heavily used afterwards. Original cork has been repainted. Also has the post war brownish green paint applied. Looking at  the names inside appears to have been in service or something until the 1980s. Maybe a clearer shot of the makers mark would help. I don’t see an “S” for Schlueter.  And can’t tell from the profile shots provided. So as stated a WWII manufactured helmet. But not considered a WWII lid as it’s been tweaked and lived a few lives since then. 
Z

Holy guacamole, had to be a guard unit to still be wearing a steel pot in 1988.

Without that inscription, could still date it to the late 80s with the “Master Of Puppets” reference.  😎

On 11/21/2021 at 7:30 AM, Blacksmith said:

Holy guacamole, had to be a guard unit to still be wearing a steel pot in 1988.

Without that inscription, could still date it to the late 80s with the “Master Of Puppets” reference.  😎

Master ....

Master .....

Master of Puppets are pulling your strings .......

I actually heard that album (on cassette) for the first time in the barracks at Ft. Gordon.  Still one of my top three bands, with AIC and Nirvana.  I mean, what else could you possibly need?