WW1 US Army Units Awarded the French Fourragère

Primoris Scio

Primoris Scio

Is there a list of Army units that were awarded the fourragère?  Were they only issued to the regiment, and not the division as a whole? 

There are plenty of photos with Marines wearing the fourragère, but I have seen only a few with the Army.  

I believe that all of the infantry, field artillery, and engineer regiments of the 1st and 2nd Divisions received the fourragere. That is why the Marines who were assigned to the 2nd Division got one. There were also a number of air service units that were awarded.

Allan

Primoris Scio

This is a great link thank you.

On page. 514 it lists the following:

Croix de Guerre with 1 Palm: 3d Inf. Brig., 4th Brig. (Marines), 63d Inf. Brig., 64th Inf. Brig., 30th Inf., 38th Inf.,....

Would this be the correct medal?  I found a photo online for the L/30th IR with fourragère, would this be awarded to all members of the regiment?

https://www.collectorsweekly.com/stories/141396-dads-french-fourragre-and-a-later-a

s-l1600.jpg.c84eba0564a03e22c5a76bbd24bb2e46.jpgwuEzdacLwBGB4OcLcL6ZXg.jpg.ea12f77b489ec7b046de7c2e0565e590.jpg

Hello, to answer your question: Yes this is a WW1 French Croix de Guerre with palm.

This medal is given to individuals who were cited in a French General Order, Army level.

If by the same Army level a unit was cited,  all members of this unit are allowed to wear the Fourragere. In this case the individuals of the cited unit are NOT allowed to wear the medal, only the Fourragere. 

Regards 

Herman 

3 hours ago, Primoris Scio said:

Herman that is exactly what I needed to know, thank you! 

Last question, if a unit received the Croix de Guerre with 1 Palm, would the fourragère have added "olives", like those in the photo below?

http://www.omsa.org/files/Wilson Fourg.pdf

download.jpg.838b3b9cf2f59b89599d15be89443310.jpg

Olives are a decidedly post-WWII addition.

Allan