374th Field Maintenance Squadron Patch Question

kfields

In addition to the 8th AF patch I posted in the USAAF section, I found this patch today in my deceased Uncle's things. My Uncle was assigned to this unit during his career. Like the other patch, I'm curious when it was made and if it was Japanese made - or not. It was found with a number of his name tags wrapped in this tissue thick paper wrapping with the Japanese tailor name on it (see pic).  Maybe it all got thrown in together and there is no relation.

Thanks!

Kim

374thFMSqd Patch (1).jpg

374thFMSqd Patch (2).jpg

374thFMSqd Patch (3).jpg

Was he in during the 1950s? The 374th Troop Carrier Wing, Heavy, was stationed at Tachikawa AB, Japan from 49-57. The 347 FMS would have fallen under the TCW. They all look Japan made to me, and I would guess all 3 pieces came from there. The 347 inactivated in 57 and reactivated again in 66 in Okinawa, but these look older to me and the nametag fits those used in the 1950s by many airmen in Japan.

Randy

Hi Randy,  thanks for the reply.

Yes he served a number of years in Japan during the 50's.  He has those white with black lettering nametags of the same construction with and without the unit ID on them. I believe he left Japan in 1958-ish.   And yes he was stationed at Tachikawa AFB.   Kim