OD7 M1 Sweat Band Question

Kadet

I recently picked up a WWII manufactured M1 with a sweat band that I believe dates from after the war (OD7 cotton). The band has maker or contract info stamped on it, but completely illegible. It looks to have been in the helmet for a very long time, and I feel this is a WWII helmet that was used after the war and had the sweat band replaced, perhaps in the 1950s or even early 60s. What is the approx. date range for sweat bands like this?

IMG_2093.jpg

band is from around the vietnam war............up to the 80 when it was replace by the kevlar.......they would use ww2 liners in the vietnam war......i have also seen a ww2 liner in an 80s helmet....national gaurd and reserve unites were the last to be supplied with new equipment

Head band material was switched from HBT to the cotton webbing in 1955. 

By 1960 the end of the head band webbing was no longer pinked on the end instead being folded over and sewn.

This would place your head band between 1957 -1959.

Agree with Pepper, the open saw tooth end helps narrow down the time frame. I have a few 1960 dated swearbands with open saw tooth end. 1961 onward they were folded over and sewn down so the tail end cannot be pulled through. 

Justin