Fresh from the woodwork estate sale helmets

zk4298militaria

zk4298militaria

Found all these today at an estate sale, lady said her brothers were given them in the 50s to play with, kept really good care of them. front seam fixed bail m1 with both chinstraps (heatstamp 653A), complete seaman liner and a mostly complete Westinghouse liner. both liners are named and the leather is good.Want more pictures let me know.7F96C872-39E1-4B9E-9CE0-2389EAD3FF53.jpeg.20fd45a3f9f2fc2a434dc3c2d8c28542.jpegFCC1F138-E1E8-488F-8A74-6345B7ADB45D.jpeg.c90e7f94039039139ad9054d37d007fd.jpegF144122F-7A13-4CF4-9D6A-3F6CE68C433E.jpeg.8abe94f467961c5cf59a61a39d17bd79.jpeg463FF272-5469-4330-BF5B-F068F620CA58.jpeg.f2e88632c8f94b94bdb2b15c8e2d55b8.jpeg

Really nice, I wish I had this qaulity play helmet when I was playing in the woods. 

Both sweatbands look to be 1960s vintage with the folded over and sewn shut end (so you can't pull the tail end all the way through) 1961 - 1970 (1971 onward the stamp nomenclature is on the outward facing part,  with the exception of a 1969 manufacturer that stamped them on the outward face) 

Justin 

zk4298militaria
10 minutes ago, Justin said:

Really nice, I wish I had this qaulity play helmet when I was playing in the woods. 

Both sweatbands look to be 1960s vintage with the folded over and sewn shut end (so you can't pull the tail end all the way through) 1961 - 1970 (1971 onward the stamp nomenclature is on the outward facing part,  with the exception of a 1969 manufacturer that stamped them on the outward face) 

Justin 

She told me 50s coulda been wrong, lot did include a spare sweatband that was also named but I think it’s from nam also. Liners are still wwii so it’s ok that the sweatbands are 60s and for what I payed I can’t complain.

CavalryCombatant

Wow, would love to see some more estate sales like that in my neck of the woods! 

Looks like the first liner has unpainted A-washers too!  Are either of the liner chinstraps pliable enough to move?

zk4298militaria
1 minute ago, CavalryCombatant said:

Wow, would love to see some more estate sales like that in my neck of the woods! 

Looks like the first liner has unpainted A-washers too!  Are either of the liner chinstraps pliable enough to move?

The first liner’s strap is super tight the liner strap is moveable. Both are in good condition.

CavalryCombatant

Even better!  

I recommend not messing with the tight chinstrap, speaking from experience they are very easy to break…

zk4298militaria
3 minutes ago, CavalryCombatant said:

Even better!  

I recommend not messing with the tight chinstrap, speaking from experience they are very easy to break…

I wasn’t planning on it, can I still put it in a helmet or will that harm the strap/helmet. 

CavalryCombatant
5 minutes ago, zk4298militaria said:

I wasn’t planning on it, can I still put it in a helmet or will that harm the strap/helmet. 

Shouldn’t be a problem assuming you don’t slam it in.  It might not be the best if you repeatedly pull the liner out, but I’ve got a few helmets setup that way and don’t have any major problems.

zk4298militaria
13 minutes ago, CavalryCombatant said:

Shouldn’t be a problem assuming you don’t slam it in.  It might not be the best if you repeatedly pull the liner out, but I’ve got a few helmets setup that way and don’t have any major problems.

Ok thank you, these are my first liners with the chinstraps so I just didn’t know if it was a good idea.