Legality of selling first aid/survival kits with medication contents?

militaria360

Some survival and medical kits have unscheduled Rx medication eg antimalarials, anti-diarrhea, eye ointment etc.

I see them sold all the time, what makes this legal?

Is it because they're so old they're considered unusable, or something else?

It's not legal for a private citizen to sell items/substances that require a prescription to obtain (or are issued under blanket prescription by military medical authority).  In reality, I doubt the authorities would be overly concerned about the private sale of an old survival kit with medications, so long as they aren't controlled substances or prescription meds being distributed/sold for use.  I do remember an instance about 10 years ago or so, where someone had tried to sell a package of WW2 era morphine syrettes.  I don't know what the outcome was but it did draw some attention.

Tom

I agree with T Ambrosini!  This topic has come up on here before with both sides of the coin being expressed.  For Law Enforcement to make a case on the possession of old meds in a first aid and survival kit is more than a stretch. 

I agree with the two post before me. The only thing I would be hesitant about is you could never share photos or information about owning anything questionable like that online. There are so many weird people and trolls out there that would report it. And once Law Enforcement have been made aware of something like that, than they are required to act on it.