IC-7 Escapac Ejection Seat from F-15 A

Candor1

Would anyone have any manuals, pictures or a good working knowledge regarding the IC-7 Escapac used in the early F-15A?  I have one that I am trying to restore for display . However, I haven’t been able to find any information about this particular version of the Escapac.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We did restorations on 2 of those. 

Let me dig in my resources to find the images.

There is a section for ejection seats on this website, perhaps the mods could move this there?

Cheers

Ron

Hello.Ron. I really appreciate the help, I have yet to find even a photograph of a complete seat.

I wasn’t able to locate a ejection seat section on this site. 
James

1 hour ago, Candor1 said:

Hello.Ron. I really appreciate the help, I have yet to find even a photograph of a complete seat.

I wasn’t able to locate a ejection seat section on this site. 
James

James the ejection seat threads are in the Aircraft section. 

https://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/1160-aircraft-instruments-ejection-seats/

I recently put together an IG-2 Escapac seat from a Navy A-7E aircraft.

Chris

On a side note, you can see on the side of the headrest "30108" This indicating the seat coming from 73-0108 TF-15A.

This being the first Eagle to be delivered to an operational USAF unit and marked as TAC-1. It was formally accepted by the 555th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron of the 58th Tactical Training Wing at Luke AFB, Arizona on November 4, 1974 in a ceremony presided over by President Gerald Ford.

The airframe is now preserved at Luke AFB maingate.

Cheers

Ron

1145665.jpg

Thanks,Ron.

The pictures and diagrams help a great deal. One last question, do you have something that  shows the survival kit container. The sticker on my seat says it should be a Koch 140000-121. 

Thanks again

James

7 hours ago, HUD69 said:

On a side note, you can see on the side of the headrest "30108" This indicating the seat coming from 73-0108 TF-15A.

This being the first Eagle to be delivered to an operational USAF unit and marked as TAC-1. It was formally accepted by the 555th Tactical Fighter Training Squadron of the 58th Tactical Training Wing at Luke AFB, Arizona on November 4, 1974 in a ceremony presided over by President Gerald Ford.

Cheers

Ron

1145665.jpg

On 11/21/2021 at 8:42 PM, HUD69 said:

Cheers

Ron

More on this, please see the images of President Ford accepting this F-15 at Luke AFB in 1974.

Tac1 Ford.jpg

Thanks again Ron. Did you restore the parachute also? If so do you recall the type of deployment device was used.

thanks again

James

3 hours ago, Candor1 said:

Thanks again Ron. Did you restore the parachute also? If so do you recall the type of deployment device was used.

thanks again

James

Sorry, can't help you with that one.

Any images of your seat available?

This is the only photo I took before I started disassembly. Sadly the data plate was removed and any identifying numbers on the seat were painted over. It also has the incorrect survival kit container 140000-135.A6DD76A1-33F9-4AB9-8EFC-763555AD0C5A.jpeg.8f797944e823efb9d2eb156d439039ce.jpeg

On 11/25/2021 at 1:07 AM, Candor1 said:

This is the only photo I took before I started disassembly. Sadly the data plate was removed and any identifying numbers on the seat were painted over. It also has the incorrect survival kit container 140000-135.

This container does fit, but is not the correct one. the -135 is from the USAF A-7 Corsair Escapac seat.

Thanks again Ron. I have a  Navy IG-2 from a A-7.  I am going to offer it as trade for the correct  survival kit container.  Hopefully I  will come up with something.