Canvas holster

Vanderbilt

Picked this up off a guys table at the Wilmington Ohio show yesterday. Was in his throw away pile. The snap was broken off. A Chicago screw and a piece of leather and I have a usable holster for my 1901 Colt. Also picked up a decent 1918 cartridge belt for cheap. Have enough serviceable gear now to wear to the local shoots.

20211107_094942.jpg

20211107_054707.jpg

IMG_20211107_101904_kindlephoto-12617350.jpg

.....yeah, that's what I believe it is. There was a similar Mills holster made in 1910 or so. Those had a brass nosecap. When they pop up, they are much more expensive than what I have in this one. For my purposes and what I plan to do with it. This is fine. Better to put it back to use than for it to be laying at the bottom of someone's junk box or worse.

They were stamped under the flap, maybe there's still something readable. Intended for the .38 Webley and Enfield Service Revolvers, but they'll take a lot more types.

1 hour ago, earlymb said:

They were stamped under the flap, maybe there's still something readable. Intended for the .38 Webley and Enfield Service Revolvers, but they'll take a lot more types.

......here's the inside of the flap. I used color inversion on my phone. It didn't show the appearance of anything. Overall, the stitching is solid, the canvas is supple. The hardware was broken, it's ugly, faded and stained in spots. For me, the value in it is seeing it spend the remainder of its service life doing what was made for. Carrying a pistol once again.

IMG_20211108_065352_burst_01_kindlephoto-23605071.jpg

34 minutes ago, earlymb said:

There are replacement Newey snaps available it if you want to repair it, but it might not fit your revolver anymore then :)

.....thanks, will just use it as it is. I may get the proper pieces and store them away. This is one of those items that you don't have a lot of concerns about using. In my circle it will be a nice conversation piece.