PARA CAMO JUMP BAG FOR GUN

ITALIANWARFRONT

Corpsmancollector

Hi there,

A nice item you've got there. Jump case for the Reising model 55? Ive not got my copy of Tulkoff's book with me to job my memory as I'm away from home. The last time I saw one on the market was just over 2 years ago at a big militaria fair in England. Norman-D-Landing's Ken Lewis had it up for sale and it was around the £220 mark (Is that about $300 at the moment guys?)

Ken usually has a fair price on his kit and is in nice condition. The jump bags are hard to come by as is my experience and I wouldnt be suprised to see them sell for a couple of hundred bucks.

If by any chance you're looking to part with it *cough!*

Hope this helps

Will Varnam

those used by the paramarines in stateside training as this unit never used as paras in a real combat

finally used as elite infantry in bougainville in 1943 and after that some time in 1944 paramarines disbanded & absorbed by other marine units

this drop bag along with an other verticalbelt cammo model & the paded cammo T handle shovel cover all mentioned in the jim morans book

Hi there,

A nice item you've got there. Jump case for the Reising model 55? Ive not got my copy of Tulkoff's book with me to job my memory as I'm away from home. The last time I saw one on the market was just over 2 years ago at a big militaria fair in England. Norman-D-Landing's Ken Lewis had it up for sale and it was around the £220 mark (Is that about $300 at the moment guys?)

Ken usually has a fair price on his kit and is in nice condition. The jump bags are hard to come by as is my experience and I wouldnt be suprised to see them sell for a couple of hundred bucks.

If by any chance you're looking to part with it *cough!*

Hope this helps

Will Varnam

I was thinking the same price range.$350-$425.

There were quite a few of these that surfaced a few years back and were in the $250 range.Think they came out of western costume possibly.

Corpsmancollector

Yeah that's a point, maybe Western's let a few out? I am unsure as to whether they were used in combat. I haven't got any of my references with me but cant seem to remember any combat photos...Hmmm.

As for other equipment, I think there was a bazooka rocket bag made from the same frog skin camo which is featured somewhere. The camo t-shovel covers did see use in combat however, I think possibly on Bougainville or Vella la Vella...(correct me if im wrong with either!) by 1st division marines. There's certainly photos somewhere anyway!

Will

Yeah that's a point, maybe Western's let a few out? I am unsure as to whether they were used in combat. I haven't got any of my references with me but cant seem to remember any combat photos...Hmmm.

As for other equipment, I think there was a bazooka rocket bag made from the same frog skin camo which is featured somewhere. The camo t-shovel covers did see use in combat however, I think possibly on Bougainville or Vella la Vella...(correct me if im wrong with either!) by 1st division marines. There's certainly photos somewhere anyway!

Will

Cammo T handle cover in *bougainville* jim morans book

A quantity of the padded and non-padded Reising holsters were obtained by the late Chris Bruner and Hayes Otoupalik from a surplus store years ago, and were selling for $200.00-$300.00 (that's what I forked over for mine in '90 or '91). Like Ron says, they would be up around 4 bills by now.

Will, the bag you refer to was designed to carry the then-newly designed folding Bazooka, and these were a Depot-made item (mine has a '43-dated cutter tag on it). A dealer/collector friend in Houston once had a camo M-2 Ammo Vest, which was long gone by the time he told me about it. :dry: One of the curators of the Marine Corps Museum in Quantico told me that he has a '43 or '44 dated requisition slip from a Marine officer stating the need for camouflaged M-2 Vests for use with the camo uniforms. Now, would one of those vests be a prize find, or what?????