Found a silk map of Burma

ww2_1943

Hey fellows,

I was at an antique store yesterday and one of the vendors had a silk map of Burma. I could not find any military markings. It was old. It had English and French writing underneath. Could this be from WW2? He was asking $50 for it. I don't know if I should go back for it.

Thanks

The map had a scale like the Burma map in this thread. http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...amp;hl=silk+map

I don't remember seeing any mention of the USAAF or US anything. The map was of the whole of Burma, not just a section.

Hey fellows,

I was at an antique store yesterday and one of the vendors had a silk map of Burma. I could not find any military markings. It was old. It had English and French writing underneath. Could this be from WW2? He was asking $50 for it. I don't know if I should go back for it.

Thanks

The map had a scale like the Burma map in this thread. http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...amp;hl=silk+map

I don't remember seeing any mention of the USAAF or US anything. The map was of the whole of Burma, not just a section.

You can get a silk escape map on ebay for as low as $40 including shipping: once in a while there's one that has something special going for it (like an original case) and it goes for more, but in general I would say that $50 is an okay price if you want to keep it for your collection, but there's no money to be made re-selling it. Now there is one of Burma which has Asian writing on it in addition to English text that essentially says, "I am an American airman....help me escape fro the Japs." One of those just sold for about $90.

You can get a silk escape map on ebay for as low as $40 including shipping: once in a while there's one that has something special going for it (like an original case) and it goes for more, but in general I would say that $50 is an okay price if you want to keep it for your collection, but there's no money to be made re-selling it. Now there is one of Burma which has Asian writing on it in addition to English text that essentially says, "I am an American airman....help me escape fro the Japs." One of those just sold for about $90.

Thanks for the information. I generally don't buy things just to resell. It ends up being more trouble then it is worth, but for one reason or another I remember those being big ticket items.

I will post my findings from the store in another post.