ANJ-4 used by German Pilot

itsmagneto

I just acquired this ANJ-4. The jacket was part of a German Luftwaffe pilot grouping who served during and after ww2. I was amazed to see the little leftover of the contract label that reads "Leather Coat Co." so in my opinion it is a Poughkeepsie Leather Coat Co. AN-6553. The Zipper has been replaced with a German ZIPP zipper, and the shearling used for the repairs looks to me also like the typical german shearling used during ww2 but I can be wrong with that. All in all a very interesting piece to me.

IMG_7068.jpg

IMG_7071.jpg

IMG_7073.jpg

IMG_7069.jpg

That is crazy cool...enough pics of german aircrew with A-2s and B-3s so no doubt a few German flyers took trophies...most likely the ANJ was worn by a bomber crewman(assumption on my part).. any info on your German grouping? name unit etc...nice

Thank you very much! @phantomfixer I have sadly no further information on the former owner it just came from one basement and I couldn't get the full grouping... poor student problems... would be amazing if I had any further informations to research the full history...

• 2 weeks later...