Army CIB and Ribbon Bar Date

cerick1450

Hello

What era are these from?  A friend of mine came across these.  Post war..  Vietnam era??  No clutches with them...

Thank you..

thumbnail (1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

I can't say WW 2 but if it was Korean war or later there would be a National Defense ribbon along with the  Bronze Star.  Also there are no campaign ribbons. The white and blue ribbon looks like an Arizona National Guard Medal of Valor Ribbon.  I could not find when they started giving it out.  CIB started in WW2.  Some one here knows more than me.  

Mid to late 1960s, the Ribbon Mount are post 1965 NS Meyer M22 hallmarked, while the CIB is a Sterling NS Meyer, post 1965 Double Shield M22 Hallmark, by the late 60s CIBs are not made in Sterling anymore, bot in 1/20 Silver Filled. The Double ribbon, may have been the top row of a rack, seeing as these are two high awards, with the rest of the ribbons below it on Triple ribbon mounts .

• 3 months later...

Notice that your badge has the Meyer Mark " 22M " in a shield. The institute of Heraldry switched from a single digit/single letter code to a double digit/single letter code around 1960.

For example, Meyer badges pre-1960 will use the code " 9M " and post 1960 they were assigned " 22M ". So we know your badge is post 1960.

In 1975, the Institute of Heraldry discontinued the use of Sterling and started to require 1/20 Silver Filled. Since your badge is "STERLING" we also know it is pre 1975.

That's about as much as we can narrow it down.