Connecticut CAP Patch

patches

I don't know if this is the right Sub Forum for this, but seeing that there seems to be no dedicated topic for CAP Patches, and seeing the CAP is affiliated with the Air Force, Air Force Auxiliary.. we decided to post it here. 

A Connecticut CAP shoulder patch, cool right.

il_794xN.1758209855_evn3.jpg

It's on this Mid 60s fatigue shirt, Army Navy Store TROOPER shirt where we see the additional insignia of a CADET CIVIL AIR PATROL Tab

il_794xN.1710746820_nacq.jpg

il_794xN.1758209915_bkd2.jpg

That is still the current CT Wing CAP patch, I always hated that patch when I was in CAP as a kid.  Looks so doofy in my opinion but I guess it is history.

Just now, mohawkALSE said:

That is still the current CT Wing CAP patch, I always hated that patch when I was in CAP as a kid.  Looks so doofy in my opinion but I guess it is history.

Oh, I thought it was kind unique looking 1292210412_emoticonsmile.png.c21ecf768287f8d8f18536fd69c28308.png

41 minutes ago, patches said:

Oh, I thought it was kind unique looking 1292210412_emoticonsmile.png.c21ecf768287f8d8f18536fd69c28308.png

I mean it is in ways, I just liked some of the other states Wing patches that were more official USAF looking.  If I recall correct, this CT Wing patch traces history back to around WW2 I believe.  Been a while so I forget the exact details.