PASGT and NVG's ?

Jean Loup

Hello

I have 2 PASGT helmets:

- a Lake Sioux helmet from 1984, with a sweatband and a woodland cover

- a 1983 Gentex helmet, with a late sweat band and a chocolate chip cover and "wind and dust sunglasses", as in Somalia for example.

My first question: is it correct to add a night vision system on the second helmet? I am thinking of a real mount and an NVG replica. These modern helmets really look great with NVGs

my second question : which mount? The one one the picture (from ebay) would be OK?

the third and last question : which dummy NVG will fit with this mount? PVS-07 or 14, OK, but a PVS-15 or 18?

Thank you for your help

Best regards from France

Jean Loup

sc_20211029_181503.jpg

sc_20211029_181511.jpg

sc_20211029_181612.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

That type of mount didn't come about until the late 90s. The chocolate chip cover was phased out by the mid 90s. So that combination wouldn't have happened. 

That Norotos mount you have shown would be good for a late 90s into early 2000s setup, so either the woodland cover or a 3 color desert.  Usually just that front plate with the brim claws would be screwed to the front of the helmet and that ratchet strap removed.

Hello

Thank you👍

I will look for à DCU cover. In a first time, I will keep the ratchet strap in place: I'm afraid screwing something into this helmet

😅

Jean Loup

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 4:20 AM, Jean Loup said:

Hello

Thank you👍

I will look for à DCU cover. In a first time, I will keep the ratchet strap in place: I'm afraid screwing something into this helmet

😅

Jean Loup

just take the front liner screw out and mount the plate. I personally never saw anyone use that silly ratchet strap.

• 1 month later...

Hello

Finally, I receive yesterday my DCU cover from US.

Here is my "upgraded" PASGT : DCU cover, Norotos mount and Shroud and dummy PVS-14 (the lens was painted with Tamiya clear blue).

According to a pic finded on Alamy (Afghanistan, 2005), I choose to keep the strap in place. I know, the cover is not the same :-)

Jean Loup

est-de-l-afghanistan-janvier-2005-us-army-troupes-basees-a-khost-soldat-en-patrouille-a-l-exterieur-des-mosquees-aptn4p.jpg

sc_20211230_183544.jpg

sc_20211230_183602.jpg

sc_20211230_183611.jpg