1941 Richfield Airplanes with stickers of war planes

hhbooker2

blackhawkdown

Cool, I have something somewhere in my fathers things like that, he said his stickers were given out at the movies. I will try to dig them out.

Dan H

thumbsup.gif Page 15. "BUILDING MODEL PLANES" by William Winter, Associate Editor, Air Trails Magazine.

DAN: Thanks for your response, speaking of picture shows and the stuff they gave away, I remember that quite well when I went to the Dixie Theatre in Charleston, South Carolina for 20-cents admission for those under 12-years old, also there were small cardboard containers of ice-cream that the underside of the lid had pictures of cowboy actors and other action stars. I envied those who could save their stuff and lived in one house growing up, we were a U.S. Navy family and I didn't get to attend most school the next year and often we moved during the school-year and time I went to a new school meant having to fight through the others and be in the pecking-order, like it or not! In the Army of the United States young soldiers fought newer members, guess it went with the territory? Coca Cola bottle caps had world landmarks on them and I saved for my kid sister and stowed them in my laundry bag - there was a surprise inspection and some colonel selected my laundry bag at random to see if there was any contraband and the bottle caps rolled out all of the barracks floor and the company commander and the first sergeant were quite embarassed and trying tp pick them up, needless to say I was placed on k.p.! I was stationed at Fort Jackson, South Carolina where I went through basic combat training the second time as I did in the regular army and stayed out too long before joining the 118th Infantry Regiment, 30th Infantry "Old Hickory" Division of the South Carolina Army National Guard at North Charleston, S.C.

Cool, I have something somewhere in my fathers things like that, he said his stickers were given out at the movies. I will try to dig them out.

Dan H

post-837-1236110496.jpg

thumbdown.gif Page 17a shows a sticker picture of the Bell Airacobra, Army Interceptor.

post-837-1236536276.jpg

w00t.gif Page 18a. Sticker picture of a Vickers Wellington, British Heavey Bomber.

post-837-1236621963.jpg