EGA reference book

Howlingriffon

Howlingriffon

If I remember correctly, there was discussion of a book that I believe a forum member wrote that is the penultimate reference.   Any help with the name and availability is appreciated.

Thank you

Jason

The book is United States Marine Corps Eagle, Globe, and Anchor Emblem: 1868-1963 - Pictorial Guide by Timothy F. Klie published by R. James Bender Publishing.

Yes, very different. Driscolls publication “The Eagle, Globe and Anchor 1868-1968” is an old publication printed in 1971. Photos are black and white, difficult to make out details and while there is some basic information, it is nothing like the recent reference books. The one cited above is a must have. Around the same time Klies book came out, another book was released titled “United States Marine Corps Emblems 1804 to World War I, by Frederick L. Briuer, PhD. A second volume is supposed to be coming. It is more academic in its approach, with much more narrative than photos, but it too is a must for any anyone that concentrates on these emblems. Good luck. 

Howlingriffon

Great information, thank you.  I just placed an order for “Grunt Gear” so I may have to wait a bit on purchasing it. The prices of some of these books are just insane….+$500!!!!

Howlingriffon

I actually found a copy of Grunt Gear for $199 while shocking to me is far better than next least expensive at $350!  Grabbed Equipping the Marine Corps also. 
now I just need to figure out what to sell to get the EGA book and helmet references…

• 3 weeks later...