Mills Cartridge Belt Questions

gunner

I just recently purchased my first piece of pre ww2 field gear. It was an opportunity find and not something I was looking for or have any knowledge of. 

Ive been researching it on the forum as well as Google. I have found some good information but I’m looking for a little bit more. 
this is what I understand to be a Mills 1907 cartridge belt. Pre ww1 and a rimless eagle snap variant. Is that correct?

Is this a first pattern? is there anything significant about this piece?

we’re the worn in Europe during ww1? If so who would of worn a belt like this (mounted/ Infantry/ etc?) and would it of been paired with suspenders or a haversack?

I got this just outside Worcester Ma where it was originally manufactured and I paid $60. What’s something like this actually worth? 

A006CECA-7BE8-4C22-A551-BB37498BCF23.jpeg

FA51F025-1473-4A75-917C-8224EA96DEE9.jpeg

407538D6-D93F-4EA7-9636-7765523415C6.jpeg

DB553E1C-EFFD-4E73-9374-D81DD4AD96B4.png

The last photo is a screen shot to show the retention straps underneath the main flaps. I didn’t remember to take a picture of mine so I’m using it as a reference 

US Victory Museum

That is a Model 1910 cartridge Belt.    The 1907 is a one piece belt.    Price is subjective, but I (myself) would not

have a belt in that condition in my collection.   They're relatively common, and a better condition one would have

sold for quite a bit more.

Yes, these belts would have gone to Europe with the AEF.   Most there would be consumed through attrition.

They could be worn with haversacks, or suspenders for mounted (NOTE: Mounted, not necessarily cavalry) troops.

M-

Awesome thank you! I appreciate you taking the time to share some knowledge 

I am personally partial to salty militaria. I like to imagine the pieces I own have been there and done that versus new old stock/ unissued/ clean stuff. Even if they haven’t actually I just enjoy the thought and look. 

Also the fact that it was manufactured close to home and came from the vets local estate sale makes it that much cooler to me. 

• 1 year later...

The riveted hole in the middle of the rear belt is for the M1910 haversack backstrap. I've read 'draining water' three times in the last week regarding that specific grommet. Draining water from what to where? 

eaglerunner88
38 minutes ago, Persian Gulf Command said:

I'm going to guess that the "To drain water" was a bit of satire?

Kind of an ongoing joke at this point from another similar post. All in jest. Iron bender is correct with the purpose of the hole...

4 hours ago, eaglerunner88 said:

Kind of an ongoing joke at this point from another similar post. All in jest. Iron bender is correct with the purpose of the hole...

I was starting to think I may be on the outside of an inside joke. No way this forum has that many questionable folk