Is this female's garrison cap a military hat?

Manchu Warrior

Manchu Warrior

This was in pile of military items I picked up awhile ago. The hat was the only female related item in the lot and I was just wondering if this is a military cap? There are no tags in the white hat with maroon piping but it looks just like a garrison cap. I appreciate any information.

post-1412-1234407248.jpg

post-1412-1234407236.jpg

Manchu Warrior
I may be way off, but something in the back of my head says American Legion Auxillary?

I appreciate the information and I looked at plenty of American Legion photos and and have not found anything close to it. Are there any other thoughts on this hat? think.gif

I have seen a garrison cap just like this somewhere, and I cannot remember where it was for the life of me. I am thinking, but I might be totally wrong, that I saw garrison caps like this being worn by nurse veterans in a parade? Like a veterans' organization type hat?

Okay, I dug through my photo file and found a print from the 25th Anniversary of the Vietnam Wall, from the parade. The print shows a float of old ladies dressed in white wearing white garrison caps like the ones pictured. They appear to be embroidered on the right side, like veterans' caps are (chapter / place) but they're too far away for me to make out what the caps say and I don't have a picture of the banner on the float, so I don't know who they are. But it's a start...

Manchu Warrior
I have seen a garrison cap just like this somewhere, and I cannot remember where it was for the life of me. I am thinking, but I might be totally wrong, that I saw garrison caps like this being worn by nurse veterans in a parade? Like a veterans' organization type hat?

I know you collect woman's uniforms so I can mark this off as non-military? I appreciate the information. Thanks! thumbsup.gif

Manchu Warrior
I have been collecting women's militaria for almost 20 years now and in my humble opinion it is not a military issue hat.

Thanks! thumbsup.gif

My mother had one but I don't remember if she got it at the VFW, DVA, or some other group she was a member of. She was also a Wave during WW2 and I have some of her uniform none of which is white.

• 3 months later...
fraukriegbaum
This was in pile of military items I picked up awhile ago. The hat was the only female related item in the lot and I was just wondering if this is a military cap? There are no tags in the white hat with maroon piping but it looks just like a garrison cap. I appreciate any information.

post-1412-1234407248.jpg

post-1412-1234407236.jpg

I've been looking at this pictures for weeks, i think this could be the hat of the American Red Cross Administration Staff Corps uniform. I've seen the ARC Administration uniform some months back but without the hat. The colors of your hat matches the uniform. I wish i could find the pictures...