My small ETO helmet collection

David D

Haven’t posted here in a while, but thought I’d share what I’ve been up to the past year. 

Top shelf is a group found at the estate of a member of the 26th recon troop, 26th division. Including his fixed bail helmet. Liner is an early war Westinghouse. 

2nd shelf is dedicated to the 29th division including a relic Westinghouse liner from the division found in Normandy. It’s guessed to be from the 175th infantry. 

3rd shelf dedicated to the battle of the bulge with a 5th division liner and solid early fixed bail set. 

Bottom shelf is my newest buy, an un-named salty fixed bail set with an inner tube band around it. Guessing MTO due to some photos of GIs with the same set up pictured in Italy. 

A7D7DA0E-FC58-4E38-BF3C-29A2B1E21F87.jpeg

749A319B-C62E-43A0-B3FC-9FF5B5934E50.jpeg

0F2E2EF1-4ABB-450E-9553-2AEC3A7B6EFF.jpeg

ABAB2D89-B4FC-4189-8088-F1B4115E6968.jpeg

B267B1DC-9A86-416F-A282-81C6B7E23236.jpeg

I love the use of Yank magazine. You don’t see it that often but its a nice a nice touch. I need to start searching the antique stores more for Yank Weekly.

You have some very nice helmets and the way you display them gives you more of a feel for the times.

Excellent!

1 hour ago, Gtilk8455 said:

Fantastic, if you don’t mind me asking what kind of display stands do you use? 

From eBay, worth the price IMO really look good with the glass display case 

991F4BC0-16A3-4D45-B934-E8598B1682BD.jpeg

12 minutes ago, manayunkman said:

You have some very nice helmets and the way you display them gives you more of a feel for the times.

Excellent!

Thank you very much! 

ww2collector1944

I have seen you post this display in some facebook groups and honestly I think its one of the best helmet displays Ive ever seen. Everything looks thought out and clean. Also, the helmets themselves are awesome, especially that early war set attributed to the 26th division vet. Looking forward to seeing more of your displays 

Backtheattack

Nice items, especially the 26th items with the german "Göffel", a well estimated item. Fork and spoon in one. What`s engraved on it?

The Spork was a favorite item to liberate from the Germans. Always in the top pocket of your field jacket. Plus they didn't rattle like the GI ones. It was too much to dig it out of the M1928 pack. So the Musette bag became choice.  Nice display...

13 hours ago, ww2collector1944 said:

I have seen you post this display in some facebook groups and honestly I think its one of the best helmet displays Ive ever seen. Everything looks thought out and clean. Also, the helmets themselves are awesome, especially that early war set attributed to the 26th division vet. Looking forward to seeing more of your displays 

Thank you very much, appreciate the kind and encouraging feedback