Edgar Rice Burroughs's War Correspondent uniform

Malygris

Been a while since I been on the forum.  I'm hoping someone might point me in the right direction regarding the original colors of this uniform.  As though I needed a new hobby, I began colorizing old B&W photos, and have now done several, mostly relating to WW2, old movies, favorite authors, etc.  So, when the opportunity presented to do one that combined my fascination with the Second World War, and a favorite author, Edgar Rice Burroughs, I couldn't resist.  

Specifically, I need to gain an understanding of the basic colors of his uniform (including shirt & tie) and hat.  Photo examples would be of great interest, versus a text description.  It is best to use actual photos to sample colors to maintain as high a level of realism as possible.  I am attaching the original B&W that I wish to colorize, and my progress to-date.  Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice.

Here is an article about ERB's "war years" if it would be of any help.   https://www.erbzine.com/mag10/1020.html

Chris

ed39c.jpg

WarCorrespondent.jpg

Should anyone have any interest in seeing more of these that I've done, here is a link to a Pinterest board where I post many of them.  There are a few more military themed colorizations, Tarzan/Jane pieces, movie monsters, just a hodgepodge that have caught my eye.

https://www.pinterest.com/zlzf33/black-and-white-colorizations/

• 6 months later...
River Patrol

I grew up reading Edgar Rice Burroughs, yet I never knew he was a War Correspondent. Not surprised though. I know he would pass soon after the wars end.