Flood of repro WW1 patches on eBay- with weird sellers and lead times

zippo88

Has anyone else noticed that on ebay lately there are a bunch of, repro- albeit decent ones for the $9-15 price range? What's really odd is they all seem to be sold by sellers that are based in the US but they all seem to have lead times over 30d to ship

I would assume that these are brokers, and these patches are made overseas?  I am actually having trouble with a seller who three weeks ago said a patch was in fact in stock- but no patch yet just excuses 

Just now, warroom1 said:

the nest repro patchs are from George Petersen NCHS a sponser on this form

Oh I know. I used to run a small militaria shop and that's where I bought all of my stock from. NCHS is great and NOT whom I am referring to 

I know the few sellers you are referring to. Wpacccollector being one. Never bought from any of them but the work looks nice. Unless they are custom ordered deal with the turn around time. 

3 hours ago, RayRay said:

I know the few sellers you are referring to. Wpacccollector being one. Never bought from any of them but the work looks nice. Unless they are custom ordered deal with the turn around time. 

That is actually the seller that I  am having issues with...

2 hours ago, zippo88 said:

That is actually the seller that I  am having issues with...

Hope everything works out in your favor. I never bought from them before but “watched” a few of their patches. 

Just now, RayRay said:

Hope everything works out in your favor. I never bought from them before but “watched” a few of their patches. 

Told me patch was in stock- then after 2 weeks took me inquiring they posted a tracking number- but only "label created" - almost like they created a label but never shipped it hoping I would just go away . After 3 days looks like the post office hasn't even rec'd it yet.....

• 5 weeks later...
TheCrustyBosun

I recently ordered a felt on felt USAAC rondel patch from eBay seller “unamlegioni”.  The estimated delivery is 30 plus days out from North Carolina. I’m in Connecticut. I politely asked about the lead time and received this in response…

“Sir, we had to adjust our shipping and delivery dates to extended dates on all of our listings on all of our accounts and sites when we post listings for sale they reflect these dates to inform sellers in advance that our delivery's may be extended. We have lost all nut one employee and have been unable to hire any new workers to assist in our packing, shipping, process which includes our eBay accounts that we manage. We works as quickly as possible to process every item and they normally deliver well before the indicated dates even with fairly consistent postal delivery delays..”

So, I will patiently wait. 

I got the patch in question 4 weeks after I ordered it (they told me it was in stock). And its a POS. I know that the picture on eBay is an "example" but what I got looks to be made from poly felt assembled by a 6th grader. The seller I bought mine from is also in NC but has a different name....I'm wondering if we have the same joker with a different handle?

TheCrustyBosun
53 minutes ago, zippo88 said:

I got the patch in question 4 weeks after I ordered it (they told me it was in stock). And its a POS. I know that the picture on eBay is an "example" but what I got looks to be made from poly felt assembled by a 6th grader. The seller I bought mine from is also in NC but has a different name....I'm wondering if we have the same joker with a different handle?

Most likely the same seller. They mentioned multiple accounts in their message to me. They seem to have the same issues quite frequently according to their feedback. Label was created and tracking actually has it at my local post office. Don’t know if that’s accurate. We’ll see tomorrow. I might get lucky this time. 

2 hours ago, warroom1 said:

stay away from thease people, try  george petersen on ebay nat cap sales

Yes, I have dealt with them for years- used to be a dealer they are great people