Hello

zippo88

Hi

new member from Colorado. Interested in the AEF 1917-19 (81st, 82nd, 89th and 91st divisions especially) as well as Army units in the ETO 1944-45

John

Backtheattack

Hello and welcome to the forum! AEF is a very interesting theme, did you ever visited the sites in France and Belgium?

Welcome Zippo! I also have a big interest in WW1, mainly the 29th Division. I have been to many sites in Europe as well. Amazing how much stuff is still there.

1 hour ago, Backtheattack said:

Hello and welcome to the forum! AEF is a very interesting theme, did you ever visited the sites in France and Belgium?

Yes a few times. My mother is from Bavaria (Deggendorf) and my paternal grandparents was originally from Hungary. I haven't been back in 10+ years though. 

Backtheattack

zippo88, if you will visit Bavaria again, see you at Hof/Saale! My father was born at Deggendorf, too, spend years at Vilshofen, after his marriage he came north.

7 hours ago, Backtheattack said:

zippo88, if you will visit Bavaria again, see you at Hof/Saale! My father was born at Deggendorf, too, spend years at Vilshofen, after his marriage he came north.

Huh! small world. My father was stationed In Germany in the 60s, my mom was a civilian secretary at the facility he was stationed at.