Submarine plaques, USS Dorado SS248 USS Shark SS314

jbm

Hello all, I am new to the forum and hope that someone here can help me with the history of these plaques. They are brass and heavy, I have done extensive google search and can find nothing on them. I found these and thought they may be cool for my "man cave" which is more nautical than military but think they may be to big and heavy to display where I wanted. I would really like to know their history if anyone can help.  They are one foot wide by two feet tall and very heavy. Thanks!

IMG_0523a.jpg

IMG_0524a.jpg

13 minutes ago, Salvage Sailor said:

These appear to be "Eternal Patrol" honor plaques from a memorial

I was also thinking they may have come from a memorial or museum perhaps. I was hoping to find maybe which one they would have been at to help determine age etc... Doing google searches I could tell these were not a mass produced plaque.

• 1 month later...

These undoubtedly came from some sort of memorial.  I’ve seen where outdoor memorial plaques are changed out to account for weathering or errors.  Sometimes indoor plaques are removed from churches and public spaces as WWII losses seem less poignant over time, VFWs close, churches are closed and sold, etc.  Lots of reasons these have made it back into circulation despite their somber reminders.