WWI 10 Pocket Medic's Belt

I picked up this very interesting belt at a flea market today for $10. I thought it was for BAR magazines, but now I'm not sure. The pockets are very large, not tall. It has 10 pockets, no breaks in between, but no pockets on the ends. My father was thinking that it was for the M1941 Johnson rifle but he isn't sure. It is missing one of the closure hooks and has some red paint or something on an end. Is this belt for the BAR or is it possibly for another rifle?

post-277-1174255301.jpg

post-277-1174255357.jpg

post-277-1174255387.jpg

Rocky:

Can't help you with the value, but the red paint and the missing closure knock it way down.

On the female closure I have not measured mine but I think they are probably the same size as those used on rifle cartridge belt. You might be able to salvage one from a derelict cartridge belt.

HTH.

Charlie Flick

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Thanks for all the great information guys. I was taking a closer look at it and it definitely doesn't look like paint. It appears to have been a thin reddish liquid so iodine sounds right.

Mickey

Usually seen these go for $100-200, depending on the condition

:D:D:D Philippe tu a oubliè un particulier tres important, le morceau pour rallonger l'attaque de la gourde. Eprouve-toi à des manier la gourde avec les pochettes pleines sans ce morceau.

You've forget the canteen web extender. Try to handle the canteen with filled pouches and without this piece.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

:D:D:D Philippe tu a oubliè un particulier tres important, le morceau pour rallonger l'attaque de la gourde. Eprouve-toi à des manier la gourde avec les pochettes pleines sans ce morceau.

You've forget the canteen web extender. Try to handle the canteen with filled pouches and without this piece.

Hello arturo

Yes, but this "difficulté" ;) in the contry :unsure:

Oui, mais c'est difficile d'en trouver chez nous.

@++ sol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.