Question on unit of US WW2 pilot with US and British wings

Vincennes

I am researching a WW2 pilot who received BOTH British and US wings. His name was Frank J Zdanowicz.  Birth Date: 10 Mar 1920 in NY; Death Date: 13 Dec 1994 in FL; Enlistment Date: 14 Jan 1942; Discharge Date: 16 Nov 1945. He was sent to the British Flying Training School in Miami, OK for his flight training and graduated in Sept, 1943 thus earning his British cloth wings. He was awarded his US wings about a week later on Oct. 4, 1943 when he was made a second Lieutenant. I show all the material I have below. The only thing I know so far about his service as a pilot is indicated by the two pin back emblems in the collection. One is from the Air Transport Command, but I do not recognize the second emblem. It is shown in another scan. Can anyone tell me what unit it represents?

Paul

Zdanowicz1.jpg

Zdanowicz3.jpg

easterneagle87

That would be a dui for AAF Service Command.

that is a killer ribbon rack with a US DFC and Air Medal at the end of it. 

There were approx 6,700 American applicants selected for either RCAF and RAF training and to staff flying schools as of part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Program. US personnel also attended flight schools for aircraft such as the Beaufighter, Mosquito, Spitfire, Hurricanes; plus three Eagle Squadrons.  Volunteers received their instruction at three schools, which became operational in November 1940, located at hubs such as Tulsa, Oklahoma, Dallas, Texas, and Glendale, California, There were reciprocal schools for British pilots flying US made aircraft.  Miami as one of the spokes.

During World War II, Miami OK served as a training ground for British pilots. More than 2000 Royal Air Force Cadets graduated from the Spartan School of Aeronautics in the early 1940's. See;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peopleswar/stories/17/a7189617.shtml