USMC Frogskin Camo Feedback

fight

Hi,

I'm looking for some feedback on this cover. The one thing that sticks out to me is the lack of chain stitching on the beach side. Is there straight stitching on original examples or does this indicate a repro? The colors also seemed off but I thought it could be due to lighting/camera. 

Thanks,

Alec

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

25 minutes ago, Justin said:

Looks OK so far, any photos of the beach side? 

These are the only photos I have right now.. is the cover beachside out on the helmet or is the lighting throwing me off?? I have very little hands on experience with these.

- Alec

Vietnam era used

Cover is a one looker original but need to see the beachside as this is the green side bleached out 

- Dean

I concur the cover's quality is really coming through

The liner is an early WW2 production, possibly an early Westinghouse, don't see those too often

Got it in a couple days early, turns out there was a postwar EGA stamp on it. No other markings were visible other than initials. Everything appears to be good. From what I've seen it's usual for the trim stitching on the beachside to be open sawtooth for WWII examples, but this one is closed sawtooth. Is that a later/different manufacturing method?

- Alec

IMG_2444.JPG

IMG_2429.JPG

IMG_2432.JPG

IMG_2433.JPG

IMG_2436.JPG

IMG_2438.JPG

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

27 minutes ago, ArchangelDM said:

This is a 1953 blue anchor cover used in Vietnam - really salty 

I like it 

Thanks Dean, how can you tell it's a Blue Anchor? I thought they typically had the stamp on one of the flaps.

- Alec

5 hours ago, Justin said:

Can you make out the heat stamp in the shell? Any details on the chinstrap hardware? 

Justin I'll take a look tonight and let you know.

- Alec

10 hours ago, Justin said:

Can you make out the heat stamp in the shell? Any details on the chinstrap hardware? 

Lot number appears to be M 93A. There may be another character after the A, it's hard to tell. No markings on the chinstrap hardware I could see. The headband was '73 dated and the helmet band had cat eyes. Out of curiosity, is there anything you're looking for?

- Alec

IMG_2475.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2467.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2471.JPG

IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2473.JPG

IMG_2474.JPG

Hi Alec, 

Nice looking shell, out of curiosity, can you make out a "UO" marking on the ball attachment? Sometimes you need to use a LED flashlight to make it out. 

The shell is interesting... especially if there's a UO mark on the ball. 

Justin 

14 hours ago, Justin said:

Hi Alec, 

Nice looking shell, out of curiosity, can you make out a "UO" marking on the ball attachment? Sometimes you need to use a LED flashlight to make it out. 

The shell is interesting... especially if there's a UO mark on the ball. 

Justin 

Justin I scoured the ball and couldn't see a mark. If you pointed me to where the mark usually is, I could try again tonight.

- Alec